Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Hero Passed away

I have several heroes in my life including My dad, brother, and my grandfather.

My grandfather passed away Sunday night. He was going strong and it kinda took us by surprise. He was going to be turning 89 in June which most of the family was going to be in town. It would of been awesome. For some reason a couple days before Grandpa couldn't swallow and they took him to the hospital. They found some kind of Yeast in his throught. He was pretty week and dehydrated for he wasn't able to eat or drink. They said he'll be alright gave him some meds and  he was going to stay at the Rosehaven nursing home for a couple days till he regained his strength.  He went back in on Sunday to the hospital for he had low blood pressure. He did some tests and found out he had pneumonia.  Said it could get worse real quick or he could pull through. He passed away an hour later with him grabbing my aunts hand as he took his last breath.  I never thought he wouldn't pull through. He has battled everything and never shown a sign of weakness. He was strong. Stronger than I think anyone I could imagine could be. He was always the one to go to for unjudging advice. Always know he loved me no matter what.

The only thing I ever heard out of his mouth was I never skipped a meal. And after going through some old family pictures I have been waiting to see him again so I can tell him in person that there were plenty of years he never skipped a meal either.

It was a while since I talked to him. With his hearing gone it was hard to talk over the phone and it was hard for me to hear over the phone as well.  When I heard he first went into the hospital I talked myself out of calling. I kept telling myself I will see him in 20 days. I'll just talk to him then. He knew I loved him, I know he loved me. Unconditional Love.

My Super hero is gone. I never thought of my life without him around.  We miss you grandpa. Say hello to my mom, grandma, Luka and everyone else!


No comments:

Post a Comment